In keeping with our holistic approach, all trainings include at least 1 yoga class daily plus morning and evening meditation with kirtan singing. This is in addition to the training-specific content in lectures and workshops. We see them as an integral part of the training.
This combination of theory and practice, training of body, mind and heart, has proven particularly effective and successful:
- Easy learning through organic combination of theory and practice
- You get the necessary energy to actively put into practice what you have learned and the incentive to pass on your knowledge.
- Over 18,000 satisfied graduates: proven, successful concept with a good reputation
- High quality standards: authentic trainers who live and practice what they teach
- All training come with a certificate and diploma of professional associations - Most training courses are recognized for educational leave.
- Inexpensive inclusive prices
- Integration thorough assistance
- Lived health and ecology: smoke-free and alcohol free environment; healthy organic vegetarian food (in Bad Meinberg our kitchen is certified organic); photovoltaic and biogas electricity.
All together this lends a special character of the training, one which encourages personal practice and self-experience in addition to the pure transfer of knowledge. Even after the most intensive training you feel regenerated and full of energy, an attitude that lasts even when you return home.
Condition: Primary and Further Education
During all our trainings there’s a complete absence of alcohol, smoking, drugs, meat, fish and eggs.
Participation in the daily program is required for the final certificate, including morning and evening meditation, kirtan singing, yoga classes and 45 minutes of karma yoga. Also, the passing of the final exam is a pre-requisite for the certificate.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions will result in the participant being excluded from the course. In this case, or in case of a premature termination of the course, there is no right to a refund.
Please note that there are legal requirements for the practice of medicine. Trainings do not entitle you to practice medicine in Germany and most other countries. If you do not have a license to practice medicine, you can use the contents of the training courses in wellness areas or in the form of group offers, in which no diagnoses are made or specific complaints are treated.
Arrival / departure, course start
- Arrival: from 1pm
- Check in: from 3pm
- It is possibile to take part in our free arrival yoga classes at 4:30 pm (Yoga teacher training 4pm)
- 6:00 pm Dinner: Large wholefood buffet
- 8pm actual seminar start with meditation, kirtan singing (Yoga teacher training 7pm)
- Departure on the last day from about 12pm.
- In our trainings it is not possible to arrive later, leave earlier or miss a day.
Pranayama (mandatory for particioants of 9day advanced trainings; optional for all others)
|7-8.05am ||Satsang: silent meditation, kirtan singing, inspiring reading|
|11am||Brunch, followed by 45 min karma yoga- and then free time|
|2/2:30-6pm||Lecture, workshop/teaching techniques, followed by yoga class|
|6pm ||Dinner, free time|
|8-9pm||Satsang: meditation, kirtan singing|
|9-10pm||Lecture, workshop, study time|
The daily routine follows our sucess proven Yoga Vidya seminar concept. Depending on the training, there are minor deviations. The workshops, lectures, meditations and yoga classes are largely tailored to the respective training topic.
Seminars finish on the last day after the brunch or at 12.30; on weekends at 2pm.
In the case of trainings that last longer than 7 days, there will be no classes one afternoon each week. In longer training one day per week from 9am to 8pm is free of lessons. Only morning and evening meditation (compulsory participation) and the pranayama from 6:00 to 7:00 (voluntary) take place on these days.
Selfless service is an integral part of the training; this includes about 45 minutes daily in various in-house jobs. As ‘karma yoga’, this service is seen as an important aspect of personality and spiritual development. At the same time, it helps keep seminar prices down. It is also an opportunity for the participants to feel at home and to get more familiar with each other and the staff at Yoga Vidya.
There are single, double or dormitory rooms available. For details see the description of the individual houses in Bad Meinberg, Westerwald and North Sea.
There’s two wholesome lacto-vegetarian meals daily: Brunch (breakfast and lunch together) is at 11.00 and dinner at 18.00 o’clock. With food from certified organic farms, all meals are prepared with love. Our main center in Bad Meinberg is also home to Europe's largest certified organic kitchen. If requests are made at least one week in advance, we can usually take care of special requests.
All at the seminars and trainings prices are flat rate prices. They include the entire seminar / training / wellness program, including 2x daily meditation, kirtan singing and short presentation, 2-3 lectures / workshops, 1-2 yoga classes, as well as accommodation in the selected room category and vegetarian food.
Terms of payment / refund:
- Deposit for weekends is € 25; week-long seminars € 100; multi-week courses € 250.
- The balance of payment is due 2 weeks before the seminar begins or 8 days before when paying by direct debit.
- If you book within 2 weeks of the start of the seminar; you must pay in full upon registration.
- We can guarantee your reservation and room request only if your payment is made within these parameters.
- If you cancel less than 2 weeks before the start of the seminar, 50% of the seminar fee will be retained ( or you can choose to receive a voucher for the total amount, which may be applied to the same or another course at a later date).
- 25% discount for young people up to the age of 25 at the campsite / dormitory in Bad Meinberg and Westerwald - at Haus Nordsee, this is applicable only in the low season.
Be aware that some trainings have special conditions for participation and/or cancellation.Some trainings consist of 2 or more parts, but must be enrolled as a whole. In these training, registration in only one part is not possible. No refunds can be given after the beginning of the first training section. This does not apply to training courses with flexibility in choosing modules, as each component represents a self-contained unit.
We reserve the right to cancel seminars 4 days in advance due to insufficient number of participants. Of course you can switch to another seminar or get your money back. If the seminar leader falls ill at short notice, we reserve the right to appoint a substitute seminar leader and will strive to find one who is equally qualified. If you do not wish to attend the seminar with the substitute seminar leader, you can switch to another seminar or request a refund. No reimbursement of travel costs will be made.
At the North Sea 1 € daily tourist tax is added (payable on arrival).You get a spa card, with many advantages: entrance to the beach baths, free parking (except Friesentherme), a discount of 25% in the sauna and other perks.Educational leave / education checks and educational bonus vouchers
For all yoga teacher trainings, especially the block trainings, you can apply for funding and possibly get part of the training fee reimbursed. For more information about state subsidies click here.Please bring:
Bed linen (rentable for 5 €), towels (rentable for 2 €), alarm clock, slippers, writing paper, pens and folders. Optional: meditation blanket and cushions (available for free in the yoga rooms or can be purchased in our boutique). In case you wear glasses, please bring a hard glasses case, in which you can store your glasses during yoga classes.For Ayurveda training please bring:
thermos flask, sufficient laundry soap (because a lot of oil is used), wool hat / headgear (for certain applications), 3 large bath towels, bathrobe and 1 set of bedding (no fitted sheets).Abbreviations:
SL Seminar leader
MR Multi-bedded room
DR Two-bedded room
SR Single-bedded room
C Camper van
BM Bad Meinberg
WW or W - Westerwald